DIY Budget Gaming PC Guide: Powerful, Fast and Affordable
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post.
In this day and age, building a gaming PC on a budget seems to be a challenge. After all, the latest games with incredible graphics are often demanding in terms of your hardware’s performance. But, fret not, as a budgetarian, we are here to help you put together a rig that can play the latest games while keeping the cost down.
In building a budget PC, research is vital. Grabbing an item because it’s cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it will work well with the rest of the component on your machine. Also, having a budget PC doesn’t mean compromising on its performance so we decided to invest in quality materials that have great value for money — for great performance and long term use. Moreover, if you are starting to build from scratch, make sure to set aside extra cash for a Windows license, monitor, and peripherals such as keyboard and mouse. Then as you go along, you can upgrade some of your parts — HDD to SDD or additional RAM — when you have a bit more cash at your disposal.
Below are the PC parts we got for our budget gaming PC. All parts were sourced out in Lazada (e-commerce site) as we have built everything during Enhance Community Quarantine (ECQ) in Metro Manila.
Overall specs of our PC:
- Overall PC performance is fast. Boot up and opening apps take just seconds.
- Great PC performance even if it’s only on a budget
- Parts are authentic as some were purchased on official store of brands and some on known PC suppliers.
- Delivery took a while on some parts as we purchased on different merchants (but we expect this so we have a bit of patience).
- Online is one of good source though limited. If not for ECQ, we, of course, prefer to buy it in physical stores to cut the waiting time and some delivery charge in between.
- Limited hard disk memory as we only have one SSD (250GB) so far. We are looking to upgrade this though once we have more budget.
As we build the PC not only for our gaming needs but also for WFH needs of one of our family members, we also purchased Microsoft Office so we have something to use.
Windows 10 OS ($16.85 or Php 843.76): Ek Offers https://www.ekoffers1.com/product-page/microsoft-windows-10-pro-oem-cd-key-global
Microsoft Office Professional 2019 (Php 1,420.49): G2A.com https://www.g2a.com/en-gb/microsoft-office-professional-2019-plus-1-pc-microsoft-key-global-i10000188863004
So far here are the cheaper options we found on the web. But if you have other great options, please share it with us in the comments section. 🙂