8 Reward Cards That Are Worth Having In Your Wallet
We can’t deny that every Filipino loves to score bargains and in return, establishments tend to reward their loyal customers (a.k.a. suki) to retain them and to keep customers coming. That is why store loyalty cards are everywhere nowadays — offering discounts, free items, exclusive perks and more. After all, the mechanics of these loyalty cards are pretty straightforward — simply present it after your purchase and you earn points based on the amount that you’ve purchased.
While it is nice to accumulate points and be rewarded later on, it doesn’t mean that you have to sign up for every membership card that you come across. Here, we’ve
SM Advantage Card (SMAC):
Ideal for: People who loves shopping, People who frequently go to any SM mall.
As what the lyrics of their catchy jingle say — “Here at SM, we’ve got it all for you”. It’s pretty obvious how wide SM’s network of stores are and their products and services. Plus, you can also earn points through their select partner establishments. So, just imagine the range of possibilities for you to earn points and score discounts and freebies from a wide variety of merchants like restaurants, beauty service providers, hardware stores, hotels, and more.
SM Advantage Card Benefits:
- Earn and redeem points when you purchase on SM Retail Stores and partner establishments nationwide. Each point has a standard redemption value of P1.00.
- Get 1 point for every P200 you spend on selected SM retail, fun and leisure partner establishments.
- Accumulate points and enjoy exclusive perks when you present your card on selected external partners.
- Earn 1 point per P200 you spend on selected hotel partners.
- Exclusive promotions and freebies to SMAC members.
- Avail discount coupons which can be redeemed at The SM Store and other SM Retail establishments through My SMAC mobile app (you can download the app via Google Play or Apple App Store)
How to get a SM Advantage Card:
You may buy your SM Advantage Card for P150 at any Cashier Counter of The SM Store, SM Markets, or select retail partners. You may also register at https://smaconline.smadvantage.com/ to get the card. You must be at least 18 years old to qualify for a membership.
Happy Plus Card
Ideal for: Frequent fast food eaters.
Aside from going into malls, one of the pastimes of Filipinos is to eat at fast food restaurants. And as far as the fast food restaurants is concerned, Jollibee has a special place for the hearts of every Filipino. Over the years, Jollibee Foods Corporation, the company behind the famous Jollibee restaurant, expanded their business into more and more chain of restaurants such as Chowking, Greenwich, Mang Inasal and Red Ribbon. As a way of giving thanks to the unwavering support of the Filipinos, Jollibee introduces Happy Plus Card which offers great benefits to their patrons. For every P50 worth of food purchase at these restaurants, you will get 1 point which is equivalent to P1. The points you have accumulated can be redeemed later on so you can get more treats.
Happy Plus Card Benefits:
- Get one happy point for every P50 worth of food purchase from Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Mang Inasal or Red Ribbon branches nationwide. One happy point is equal to P1.
- Have a chance to win up to P100,000 per month by registering and reloading your Happy Plus Card. The more you reload, the more raffle entries you get.
- Use your Happy Plus Card to pay for your meal. Simply reload your card on any Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Mang Inasal or Red Ribbon branches and tap the card when
you purchasea meal. Minimum load amount is P100.
How to get a Happy Plus Card:
Get your first Happy Plus Card at any cashier counter of Jollibee, Greenwich, Chowking and Red Ribbon establishments nationwide for only P100. You can also register online at www.happyplus.com.ph.
Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Swirl Card
Ideal for: CBTL fans, Coffee and tea lovers, People working or studying in coffee shops.
Looking for a place to work or study for your upcoming exam? Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf got you covered. CBTL has a wide range of coffee and tea-infused drinks which you can enjoy while you are busy studying or doing your work. As an added perk, CBTL also offers Swirl Rewards Card which functions as a cash card and a loyalty card. Plus, you get to enjoy having free wi-fi access on any Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf shops nationwide.
Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Swirl Card Benefits:
- Get free access on wi-fi on Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf shops.
- Earn 5 points per P100 purchase on Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf shops. 1 point is equal to P1.
- Score exclusive promotions and invites.
How to get a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Swirl Card:
You can avail a Swirl Rewards Card for P195 at any Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf shops nationwide.
Ideal for: Starbucks fans, Coffee and tea lovers, People working or studying in coffee shops.
Starbucks is one of the most popular coffee shop in the Philippines. In December 4, 1994, the Philippines had its first Starbucks Coffee branch in Makati City. From its humble beginnings in Makati City, Starbucks Coffee grew its business for over 20 years. As a way of saying thanks for their loyal patrons, Starbucks introduced Starbucks Card which is loaded with perks.
Starbucks Card Benefits:
- Earn beverage stars for every Starbucks handcrafted beverage purchased using the Starbucks Card.
- Get a free Starbucks drink for every 12 beverage stars you earn.
- Load for at least P300 (maximum amount is P10,000) which you can use for your next coffee fix.
How to get a Starbucks Card:
Avail your Starbucks Card at any Starbucks stores in the Philippines with an initial minimum amount of P300. The amount loaded can be used to make purchases on participating Starbucks Coffee shops in the Philippines.
Laking National Card
Ideal for: Students, teachers, book lovers, office workers or those who love office supplies.
Most of our childhood and teenage years will be spent in school. Every school year, kids ask their parents to get them notebooks, pens, pad papers and other school supplies for their school needs. After schooling, most of us started working and there’s still a demand of office supplies like printing paper, whiteboard pens for a day to day office operations. Moreover, people buy books whether it is a school requirement or something that you do for fun. In cases like this, Laking National Card lives up to its name — you tend to buy your school and office supplies as you grow old.
Laking National Card Benefits:
- Earn 1 point for every P1 purchase on any National Bookstore branches nationwide. Every P1 purchase is equal to 1 point and 100 points are equivalent to P1 reward which you can use for discount or payments later on.
- Pre-sale privilege during Cut Price Book Sale.
- Discounts and special offers on books and school supplies on special occasions.
- Exclusive invites and special passes on events.
How to get a Laking National Card:
Get a Laking National Card by paying P100 membership fee at any National Bookstore branches nationwide. For students, they can avail a discounted fee of P60 by presenting a valid school ID. You may also present a single or accumulated receipts worth P5,000 from National Bookstore within the past 12-months to waive the membership fee.
Mercury Drug Suki Card
Ideal for: Families, Customers who regularly purchase medicines or medical supplies.
As what the saying goes, “Health is wealth”. Medicines, vitamins and supplements are part of our daily intake. In addition, the prices of medicine, medical consultations and hospitalisation costs a fortune nowadays. Getting a loyalty card that is specifically targeted to health expenses is a wise financial move. This is where Mercury Drug Suki Card comes in. Mercury Drug, the go-to drugstore of Filipinos, offers perks and discounts which their Suki Card members can enjoy.
Mercury Drug Suki Card Benefits:
- Get Suki points every time you purchase at Mercury Drug store. Every P200 worth of purchase is equal to 1 Suki point.
- Use your earned points to avail umbrella, coin purse, planner, etc. or as a payment on your next purchase.
- Avail special discounts on participating products in Suki Sabado Special offers.
- Additional points on selected products on promo.
- Other Suki promotional offers.
How to get a Mercury Drug Suki Card:
Fill up the Suki Card Application online https://www.mercurydrug.com/suki-card-application.html and pick up your card at your preferred Mercury Drug branch three (3) working days after submission of your online application. Alternatively, you may fill up the application form on the nearest Mercury Drug branch. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
Pag-Ibig Loyalty Card
Ideal for: Pag-Ibig members
What a great way to show your pag-ibig or love by giving away discounts and perks. That is where Pag-ibig Loyalty Card comes in. Pag-Ibig, a government service provider, offers a reward card for Filipino families, specifically Pag-ibig members, in order to save money. With this card, you can get discounts and rebates on their selected partner establishments like colleges, fuel, travel tickets, etc.
Pag-Ibig Loyalty Card Benefits:
- Enjoy special discounts and rewards when you pay for medication, travel tickets, medical services, tuition fees on certain colleges, fuel and many more.
How to get a Pag-Ibig Loyalty Card:
Submit a filled out Pag-Ibig Loyalty Card application form in selected Pag-Ibig branches and pay the P100 card fee at the cashier. You must be a member of the Pag-Ibig fund to be eligible in availing Pag-Ibig card.
7-11 Everyday Rewards Card
Ideal for: People working on a graveyard shift, convenience store junkies, 7-11 fans
Convenience stores are designed for consumers to feel the convenience of having a go-to place to buy everyday items such as grocery items, food, toiletries, newspaper, magazines, etc. The concept is similar to a sari-sari store which can be basically found in every street and corner here in the Philippines. 7-11, the largest convenience store in the Philippines, opened their first store in the Philippines back in 1984 and now operates 1400 branches nationwide. As a return to their loyal customers, they have offered 7-11 Everyday Rewards Card which can be used in their stores.
7-11 Everyday Rewards Card Benefits:
- Earn 1 point for every P50 purchase on any 7-11 store in the Philippines.
- Points are shareable to friends.
- Accumulated points can be redeemed at CLiQQ Rewards Catalog.
- Use accumulated points for
a freewi-fi access.
How to get a 7-11 Everyday Rewards Card:
Get your 7-11 rewards card when you purchase their card for P10. Link your 7-11 Everyday Rewards card through SMS or through CLiQQ mobile app.
Reward Cards is one of the good things invented for consumers. For customers, they can take advantage of the exclusive benefits and discounts by simply presenting their reward card. For establishments, on the other hand, it helps them to retain customers by “thanking” them through benefits offered in loyalty cards. However, you don’t have to get all these reward cards for you to avail discounts. Making unnecessary purchases just to take advantage of the rewards defeats the purpose of getting a loyalty card. If you would like to avail of any of the loyalty cards available, it would be best to choose the ones where you shop most often. In that way, you shop naturally while earning points and availing points on the side.
Do you know any other loyalty cards that are worth having? Let us know in the comments section.
I love your writing style really loving this internet site.